Friday, February 25, 2011

Process Reflection #2

This week I wish I would have had more time. I have finally finished my symbolic portrait and I'm happy about how it came out. My group and I didn't work on the Mural this week because we all needed time for our independent projects. I'm also very happy that I've been able to start my independent project. I'm not going to make a vase (since I've never done pottery) so I'm just going to make some flowers out of clay. A challenge I had with making the flowers the first petals dried out and now I'm worried that the 2nd batch of flowers won't keep their shape. An idea I have to solve this problem is that I'm making clay molds that won't be baked but just dried out. Next week I hope to finish my flower, finish the mural and organize my finished work and blog.

Working on Independent project. Making the petals of a tulip.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see you continuing to work with the clay. And I also love that you're working on problem-solving the technique...trying new ways of doing things. What is it, do you think, that you love about working with the clay? Your last clay sculpture was so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really sure why I like it so much. I just find it really fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete