Friday, February 18, 2011

Process Reflection #1

This week I think I accomplished a bit, but I wished I accomplished more. This week I worked a lot on my symbolic portrait and on the mural. With my symbolic portrait I have been bringing it home for extra time to work on it, but I was actually only able to work on it at home one day this week. A challenge with my symbolic portrait is that I made a rough sketch but now I have to transfer it to the final paper (I'm making scans and taping them to the paper then tracing it onto the final paper to solve this problem). I hope that over the long week end I'll have it mostly finished. On the murals I'm really proud that my group is almost done, there are just a few more little details that we need to fix. I hope that we'll finish it next week. Next week I also hope that I can start the independent project.
Working on Symbolic Portrait


Working on Mural project

3 comments:

  1. Your mural group has been so dedicated! I think we've talked about this before but I want you to think about the level of detail with which you approach these sketches AB. Sometimes they are wonderful enough to be the piece. What do you think you gain by doing a second, "final" draft?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that when I start working on my sketch I don't expect it to get so detailed. I also like to have a rough draft so that I can layout what I will do. When I work on the final I don't like having to erase because I feel like you can still sometimes see the pencil lines. I also make the final drafts lines more clean/defined. I think that in the end my second final draft looks more clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. Let's talk more about this.

    ReplyDelete