Monday, February 14, 2011

Sketchbook Archeology

I remember that while making the cover of my sketchbook I didn't really know what to do. I was also worried that others might think that it looked stupid. I have really liked sketchbooks this year. It may have been annoying at times, though, if I was really rushed in finishing the required amount of spreads. I think that even thought the requirement was annoying I liked that I had a place to just work on stuff that came into my mind. When I look back at some of my spreads/pages I can tell if I was rushed/didn't spend much time on them and I'm disappointed with them. I think that working in the sketchbook has helped me organize my thoughts and has made me feel more confident as an artist. While working in the sketchbook I don't have to worry about what others might think because the sketchbook is for me and I can always close the cover if I get annoyed with a specific sketch.
Things that showed up more than once are:
- trees
- hills
- sky
- sun
- food
- animals
Themes that showed up more than once are:
- rainbows/colors
- seasons
- nature
- swirls
- my hobby's
Materials that I used more than once are:
- pencil
- watercolors
- colored pencil
- collage
- oil pastel
- highlighter
- charcoal

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will keep working in your book and think you used it well as a place to try things out.

    ReplyDelete