Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Found Object Sculpture Reflection

Flames or Flower?
My Sculpture is some matches with a flame coming from them. The flame is made from a paper umbrella, felt toys and beads. I got the idea from the matches, because they make fire (sort of). While working on my sculpture I first glued the felt to the umbrella to have a base of the flame. Then I started to add beads, just randomly to make it look more interesting. The problem that I had was that the sculpture didn't really look like a flame anymore. Now I know that (if I make a sculpture again) I should glue the beads on in lines to make it look more like a flame. I think that the most successful parts of my work are the colors and beads. I think that the fact that all the colors were found is pretty cool. I also really like the beads because they add little details and (I think that) they have a little sort of shimmer to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment