Monday, September 20, 2010

Pour Paintings

When we started with the pour paintings I was a little confused. I also wasn't really sure what to do. I didn't really know what I was looking for. My group and I were just randomly pouring the paint onto the paper (which is I guess what we were supposed to do) but we weren't trying to make any shapes or objects with the paint. When giving up control of the paint I found it cool that it actually turned into shapes and objects without me really doing much. I also think that the paint was sometimes like rivers on the page and that if one part started to move more paint would follow.

When we had to bring out objects from the painting I started thinking "Uh-oh my groups didn't really try to make objects." After I stared at the painting for a bit I realized that there was a whole bunch of stuff in the picture. I got a little hesitant with bringing out the objects because I was scared about not making it look right. When I was bringing out objects in the pour painting I didn't really have a theme I just took out any objects that I saw. I think that I'm not completely done with the painting because if I look at it more then I'll probably see more objects and shapes to bring out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment