Monday, January 3, 2011

Visiting Artist: Hamlett Dobbins

I really like the first drawing in drawings from the rose tower. I like this piece because it looks like there's something written in the back but it's mostly covered. I also like that sort of star shape in the middle is sort of an optical illusion which draws your attention to it. I also that the color choice is simple with only different shades of black. It fits into the rest of his art from that section because they all have only a few colors but those colors are in many different shades. Also most of his work seems to have a focal point where you should focus.
A question that I want to ask Hamlett Dobbins is where he gets his inspiration/ what gave him the ideas for his artwork.
The answer to my question (which came up in the presentation) was that he was inspired by "odd"/different things (such as the houses and the floor) and experiences/moments that happened (but the whole story would never be in one painting)

No comments:

Post a Comment